We’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice informs you how we process the personal information (known as personal data) that we collect from you.
All The Staffing Group incorporating Extra Personnel Limited, Single Resource Limited, Extra Personnel Automotive and Extra Personnel t/a ep professional registered at Forster House, Hatherton Road, Walsall, WS1 1XZ will be what’s known as the “Controller” of the Personal Data you provide to us.
How will my Personal Data be used?
The data we hold and process will be used for our management and administrative use only. We will keep and use it to enable us to offer you work finding services and manage our relationship with you effectively, lawfully and appropriately, during the recruitment process, during your employment and at the time when your employment ends and after you have left.
What type of Personal Data will be collected?
(Please note that the list below of categories of personal data we may collect is not exhaustive)
• Your name, date of birth, contact details, marital status and gender;
• your emergency contact details;
• your employment history;
• your driving licence;
• details of criminal convictions if this is required for a role that you are interested in applying for
• information required to pay you such as your bank details and NI number;
• your photograph;
• CCTV images where we or our clients operate CCTV; and,
• information on your interests and needs regarding future employment.
What type of Sensitive Personal Data will be collected?
• Your immigration status, Nationality and Ethnic origin;
• details regarding your health;
• samples to perform drug and alcohol testing; and,
• fingerprint and hand scans.
This information is collected either to comply with our obligations under employment law; or, where this does not apply, we will request your explicit consent.
What information will be collected when you visit our website?
Your browser can read cookie files and in some cases remember your preferences, e.g. which content to display on the screen. They usually contain two pieces of information – a site name and a unique user ID. You can manage cookies from each of the major browsers. Remember that some of our websites features won’t work with cookies turned off.
We may process data including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. Our website analytics software is the source of the data, which may be processed for the purposes of analysing and improving the website and associated services.
Will information be collected from other sources?
We may obtain data about you indirectly from other sources such as your referees, job board websites and personal recommendations.
Who will process my Personal Data?
Your personal data will be processed by our staff in the UK and for IT hosting and maintenance purposes, our 3rd party Contractors based within the European Union.
Where will my Personal Data be stored?
Your Data is stored on our servers within the European Union, paper files locally and on 3rd party servers for the performance and compliance obligations of any contract we enter into with them or you.
Who will you share my data with?
We will share your personal data with our clients. This is fundamental and essential to:
• Introduce you to our client and partnering employment businesses for temporary assignments and permanent employment;
• enable our clients to observe their obligations where your personal data is necessary for your assignment (for example; for driving assignments we will share your driving licence); and,
• to enable our clients to audit our processes and compliance with our legal obligations in relation to supplying temporary labour.
We may also share your personal data that is necessary with:
• Our legal and professional advisors;
• master and neutral vendors or umbrella Companies for payroll purposes;
• 3rd parties for referencing purposes;
• suppliers, customers and partnering Employment Businesses for the performance and compliance obligations of any contract we enter into with them or you;
• our client’s supply chain auditors
• our benefit providers; and,
• statutory authorities such as HMRC.
No third parties shall have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so or it is necessary in order to offer you work finding services or for the performance of your employment contract. In this case, only the personal data that is relevant and necessary shall be shared/transferred.
We do not envisage that your data would be transferred outside the EU. If we perceive the need to do that, we would discuss that with you and explain the legal basis for the transfer of the data at that stage.
What is our legal basis for processing your Personal Data?
1. For the purpose of carrying out the employment contract or to take steps to enter into an employment contract;
2. to comply with our legal obligations; and/or,
3. for the purposes of our “legitimate interests” (except where such interests are overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms).
Our “legitimate interests” for these purposes are the need to:
1. Introduce you to clients and partnering employment businesses for temporary assignments and permanent employment;
2. process your data to enable us to carry out the employment contract;
3. gather your data for the purposes of safeguarding your health and safety;
4. transfer your data intra-group for administrative purposes;
5. process your data for the purposes of ensuring network and information security; and,
6. protect our legal position in the event of legal proceedings.
Do I have to provide you with my Personal Data?
No, there is no requirement for you to provide your personal data to us, but, if you do not provide at least that data that is necessary for us to assess your suitability for employment, enable us to introduce you to our clients and then to conduct the employment relationship, then it will not practically be possible for us to employ you.
How long will my Personal Data be kept?
We will keep your Personal Data for no longer than is legally required and strictly necessary, having regard to the original purpose for which the data was processed.
We will retain your contact details for a period of two years after your last assignment to continue to offer you work finding services. If you no longer wish to be contacted for work during this period, you can let us know by contacting your local representative or via email at DPO@thestaffingggroup.co.uk
A copy of our Data Protection Policy and Document Retention Policy can be obtained from your local representative.
What are my rights?
You have the right to:
Be Forgotten:request that your personal data is deleted
Data Portability: for data held on you to be transmitted to a third party
Withdraw Consent: where we process your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time
Object to Processing: where we process your personal data for the performance of a legal task or in view of our legitimate interests you have the right to object on “grounds relating to your particular situation”
Subject Access: to access information we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as making a “subject access request”
Rectification: request your data is rectified if you consider any information we hold about you is incorrect
Restrict Processing: such as where you have contested the accuracy of the personal data we hold on you, you have the right to block or suppress the further processing of your personal data
We do not undertake automated decision making or profiling.
You also have a specific right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the UK is the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office).
Should you have any questions, comments or wish to exercise your rights in relation to your Personal Data, please contact 01922 705619 or DPO@thestaffinggroup.co.uk
The Company Data Protection Officer is Julie Giles.
Changes to our privacy notice
Any changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on our notice boards and websites, and where appropriate, we’ll notify you verbally. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.