We are recruiting for a Transport Coordinator on behalf of our client based in the Oldbury area. As a Transport Coordinator you will be expected to assist the branch with all organisational duties and responsibilities as detailed below.
Details of a Transport Coordinator:
- Hourly rate: £10 - £10.77
- Start date: October 2020
- Working hours: Various shifts patterns
- Location: Oldbury, West Midlands
- Duration: Temporary
Duties and Responsibilities of a Transport Coordinator:
- To ensure that all third party trailers are on site on time and in the correct position for loading.
- Produce hourly live checks and report them to the Senior line haul managers
- Responsible for contacting hauliers directly via telephone and email to gain information, ETA's and updates
- To follow/chase up drivers who are late for collection
- Problem solving
- Use of Microsoft Office Packages
- Report on late departing trailers
- Providing handover summaries for the next shift
- Taking part in the training provided
- Use of Microlise and similar telematic packages
Required Skills and Experience of a Transport Coordinator:
- Must have independent travel or live locally
- Attention to Detail
- Strong Organisation Skills
- Clear Telephone Manner
- Numerate and Literate
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Strong Computer Literacy and Skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Self-Motivated and Confident
- Have the Ability to Take own Initiative
Benefits of working as a Transport Coordinator:
- 28 Holidays per year
- Weekly Pay
- Pension Scheme
- Employed Status
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Mortgage references
- My Extra Rewards - An online portal offering vouchers and discounts
If you are interested in this position please click Apply!
Extra Personnel do NOT charge any fees for our services.
Extra Personnel Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.