Family Law Solicitor
We are recruiting for a Family Law Solicitor in Black Country area with our well established client. Your role will be to assist their busy but friendly Child Care team undertaking all aspects of the advocacy in care and adoption work.
As a Family Law Solicitor you will need to have/be:
- Detailed knowledge of child care and adoption law
- Extensive Advocacy experience of contested and complex matters in the Family Court at all levels
- Knowledge of Judicial Reviews particularly in the area of No Recourse to Public Funds/Unaccompanied asylum seeker children
- A Qualified Solicitor or Barrister / equivalent
- 4 years child care PQE, of which the last 3 years MUST have involved advocacy
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Salary: Up to £42,000 per annum
- Working Hours: 37 hours Per Week - Flexible working hours available by agreement
- Location: Black Country area
- Duration: Temporary
Role of a Family Law Solicitor:
- To undertake legal work relating to the Child Care section
- Advocacy where appropriate
- To attend and provide high level specialist advice to officers, committees, bodies, panels and internal/external clients
- To supervise and assist in the supervision of the work of other members of staff within the Child Care team
- Assisting with the introduction, operation and upgrading of relevant information technology systems and procedures within the team
- Recording all cases through the case management system in line with the Civica Policy
- To participate or lead in the introduction and maintenance of quality (and other initiatives) within Legal Services, Performance Management, Best Value, and the Law Society's Practice Management Standards.
- Undertaking the preparation and advocacy of complex and multi day childcare hearings on behalf of the Local Authority, including Judicial Reviews and applications.
Benefits of working as a Family Law Solicitor:
- 28 Holidays per year
- Weekly Pay
- Pension Scheme
- Employed Status
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Mortgage references
- My Extra Rewards - An online portal offering vouchers and discounts
Extra Personnel do NOT charge any fees for our services.
Extra Personnel Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.